Things to flip threw.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Men of the Word

I hope your enjoying going threw this book as much as I am. What an amazing last week it has been in my life spiritually. We seem to be growing in holiness and our friendships are growing stronger and deeper.  Our last meeting together was awesome, it seemed like we picked up right where we left off on Sunday morning in theology study. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. LOL.

A couple of things from chapter 7 that stand out to me.

1st (pg 83)
" A Christian must never leave off repenting, for I fear he never leaves off sinning"
-- Charles Spurgeon

What a true statement that is! Like it says, a delay of repentance will harden the heart. So what sin comes to mind? Throw it off and repent.

2nd (pg 86)

A truth for the T in T.U.L.I.P

"Man is by nature so entirely under the power of sin that he can hide it from himself even when he has committed it. This is one of the most dangerous manifestations of sin. It blinds the heart... It is the work of the Spirit of the grace of God to make the soul acknowledge sin."

Jonh Chapter 3 comes to my mind.

And a verse that R.R. text me that I would like to share. A verse we can live by.


Isa 26:3  You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Keep your eyes on the Prize men stay strong and keep in the Faith.


No comments: